Email

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dual Citizenship

Australia and America have always been allies, and it's quite a privilege to now hold citizenship in both countries. Akin to marriage, this new commitment of dual citizenship brings with it a deeper sense of responsibility, and I'm looking forward to living that out.

I have always felt a deep loyalty to Australia, the land of my birth. As I looked up at the huge American flag waving in the breeze outside our church this morning, I realize that as a new citizen here, it's as though the country has formally adopted me, and my feet feel firmly planted on both sides of the Pacific. A rebel Aussie on Southern rebel turf!

But above all these sentiments of patriotism, I am reminded that my ultimate allegiance goes way beyond these two countries, to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. My real home is not on this earth, but in God's heavenly Kingdom, and the following is my true Pledge of Allegiance...

I pledge allegiance to the Lamb
With all my strength
With all I am
I will seek to honor His commands
I pledge allegiance to the Lamb

To the Lamb of God who bore my pain
Who took my place, who wore my shame
I will seek to honor His commands
I pledge allegiance to the Lamb

(lyrics by Ray Boltz)


No comments:

Post a Comment