Email

Friday, January 29, 2010

A New Perspective

Birthdays tend to be time for reflection – of the road we have traveled, and the future stretching out before us. For reasons as yet unclear, 2010 feels like a very significant year. Already I see momentous changes and events in the lives of friends, and ever-widening ripples of influence spreading far beyond. It’s a year of excitement.


So many wishes on birthday cards that this will be the best year ever. I never thought I could believe that for myself again, but in my heart of hearts I’m beginning to wonder if it really might be so.

Yesterday I heard a well known National Geographic photojournalist speaking about creativity. “Our perspective determines whether what we see is ordinary or extraordinary,” he said. “Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Break the pattern to bring the vision into focus, and reframe problems into opportunities.”

The answer will always be there, he assured. Jesus himself promised that those who seek will find.
As Dewitt Jones encourages, sometimes we just need to view life through a different lens.

So here’s to birthdays, and celebrating life, and friends and family who love and laugh with us while sharing the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment