Email

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

God Meets Us Where We Are...


It’s funny how God can just stop us in our tracks. I had been woken early by Tiamo who’d knocked over the glass of water beside my bed, and first thing I was on my knees drying off all the precious books and notebooks that I keep at arm’s length. You know, the ones that mark your spiritual journey and the outpourings of your heart. The ones that are your recent companions.


As I opened the blinds downstairs, I picked up a couple of magazines and letters found in a neat little stack by the window. Oh, there’s a letter from a friend last year. I carried it to the kitchen table, punched in a CD to start my morning off with some inspiration, slipped open the envelope.

Bagpipes began playing as I stood there reading the card.

“Dearest Dayle, Thank you again so much for so many good memories, Love Laura”

Now tears are streaming down my face as these become the bagpipes in the field as we all gathered to sprinkle Bill’s ashes, and I remember Laura’s friendship that started in our little medieval village in Italy. The gratefulness as she recognized the pain in my heart, then later the delight she experienced in the spirit of love and peace that permeates our beloved Ghost Gums on the Ridge.

Yes, God knows how to meet us right where we are. He catches us in those unguarded moments. The work’s done, the deadlines are met, and even though a little tired after the late hours to achieve it, now it’s a sense of lightness. And in these moments of abandonment to him he slides his hand right inside our cloak. Softly holds our beating heart. Brushes the tears on our cheek with the other.

Where do I go today, Lord? I fall on my knees before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment