Email

Monday, August 30, 2010

Tiamo Steals the Show

Tiamo's First Day
Last night was like one of those wonderful September nights I remember so well. Warm, but no longer the baking heat of summer that has been so oppressive. The window open and a misty rain falling, tires of a passing car squelch on the wet road. Tux and I are no longer just survivors. With the arrival two nights ago of Tiamo – our sweet little Siamese girl – we are a family again. Life has returned to our home.

Her name, Tiamo, means “I love you” in Italian. And she really is a lover.
Looking for mischief



Tux glares at the Interloper
Now I delight to sit on the sofa in the original part of our home, notebook on my lap making notes for the book, while Tiamo scampers around chasing toys, climbing the scratching post, and playing tag with the blinds cord. Tux is reluctant to admit this little interloper into his domain, but I tricked him earlier.
Tiamo was asleep on the sofa, nestled under my arm, when he suspiciously crept in, sniffing for any signs of her. Up till now, as soon as he sighted her he’d bare his sharp white teeth with a vicious hiss, and skulk out of the room, furious with me, enraged with jealousy. Then I would go and pet him, reassure him he was still my #1 boy, and he’d purr happily, all forgotten.
Tiamo has settled right in!

This time he was oblivious to her presence, and finally perched contentedly on the scratching post, watching out the window as daylight faded, convinced she must have left. What a surprise when she finally stretched and mewed! He hissed with a toothy snarl, while I snapped pictures and the flash disarmed them both. I think we’re making progress! He stayed quite a while before miaowing to be let out the front door. While young mischief pranced around the room, Tux reclined on the front porch listening to the night noises, still king of his domain.

Hard at work at the Chamber

Today Tiamo had her first day at work – accompanying me to the Chamber of Commerce, where she was cuddled and spoilt royally by Kathy.

Her life of adventure is just beginning!


Time for a catnap

1 comment:

  1. Is #1 getting along with her now?

    She looks like a sweet little kitten.

    God Bless You and Yours!!!

    ReplyDelete